My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Thursday, January 12, 2006

To Doodlebug with Love

I received a phone call at work one day in September 2004, asking me to come to school due to my son. They told me it was nothing bad, but that he just needed to talk to me. I of course dropped everything and rushed out. On the way there, I kept thinking what could this be. The only thing my mind kept coming up with was that his g/f was pregnant . My mind was correct. This was the day that I learned a very special child was on their way into our family (she was already 5 months by this time).

On January 12, 2005 at 5:00 am I received a phone call saying that g/f was in labor and on the way to the hospital. This is the day I finally got to meet a very special little girl I call Doodlebug.

Doodlebug you came into our lives at an unexpected time, however, we knew without a doubt that we wanted you and would not have traded you for the world. You will probably never fully understand how much your PaPa and Gma love and cherish you. Your constant smile and laugh brighten our day. Watching you explore new things each day keeps us in a constant state of wonder and amazement. You are growing up so fast and right before our eyes, that we are afraid to blink or look away as we might miss one precious moment of you.



Welcome to the world Baby Doodlebug



What a precious little face

Contagious laughter and smiles

All dressed up and ready to go

Doodlebug & PaPa watching the Polar Bears at the Zoo

A smile to light up a beautiful face

More laughter and smiles

Big girl learning to crawl


Doodlebug's mobile and not afraid to go



Falling over with laughter


A little football spirit for the winter


Happy 1st Birthday!!!


Love,
PaPa & Gma (Kgrams)

6 comments(s):

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOODLEBUG!!! That is one refreshing post, I must say. And with all those smiles & giggles... well, it's a far cry from Tantrum Thursday. :)

By Blogger Melissa, at 1/12/2006 9:21 PM  

DANG NABBIT!!! I wasn't first!!! I knew that I should have looked here before I went to be. I knew you were doing the post but blogger was being an asshole as usual. Glad you finally showed blogger who was boss!! ;)

Anyway, Happy b-day my beautiful bug!!! I'm so honored that I got to see, love on, play with, feed and change diapers with you on your special day!!!!

By Blogger Tina M, at 1/13/2006 6:58 AM  

Much love and laughter on your very special first birthday, Doodlebug!

You got a good grammie there.

I'm looking at these pictures thinking I'd go broke because I'd want to send them all to idraw4you.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 1/13/2006 9:28 AM  

sweet grandma.
very sweet.

thanks.

Happy Birthday Doodlebug.

By Blogger Speckledpup, at 1/13/2006 10:06 AM  

Happy birthday baby girl!! You are so beautiful and so very lucky to have such a great grandma!!

xxxxkissesxxxxx

By Blogger Tammy, at 1/13/2006 10:17 AM  

I always wondered how the Teenager told ya. ;)

So he told a counsellor at school first??? Interesting that you got a call from the school. I guess I always pictured gf and teenager telling you at home.

If I've missed the longer version of the story somewhere then I'm sorry!!! I did look for it, but couldn't find it. ;)

By Blogger Me, at 1/14/2006 8:55 AM  

post a comment

<< Home