My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Magical Night in a Magical Kingdom

Yes, it is Thursday, but no Tantrums here tonight. Tonight, we went on a journey. What with the holiday "Christmas" season ( yes, I must add the word Christmas as I am refusing to be PC about it), we decided to have a family night and do something fun together. So, we loaded ourselves into the beast and set off to Santa's Magical Kingdom.

As the speed limit is about 2 miles an hour as we wound through the over 2000 shimmering lights and animated displays, Doodlebug was allowed to sit on my lap. From there, she took in all the sights and sounds. She ooo'd and aaaaah'd at the lights and bounced to the music playing.
I was so busy watching her, that I found myself not paying attention to the lights themselves.

I have been to the light display with my DH in past years, but this had to be the best time ever, seeing it with the teenager and Doodlebug. I can't wait till next year when she will actually understand what it is she is looking at.

Hope you had a fun family evening as well.

3 comments(s):

oh I saw that line last night. how long did it take you to get up the hill and in the gate?

By Blogger Speckledpup, at 12/23/2005 9:57 AM  

speckledpup - We almost turned around when we saw the line, but we wanted Doodlebug to see it, so we waited. It wasn't that bad. We got in line around 7:10 (at that time, the line was about halfway down the outer road). We actually were done and leaving the park around 8:30. However, when we were leaving, the line was then all the way down the outer road and extended way down Hghwy 109. I wouldn't have waited in that line. FYI, if you click on my link to their website, there is a $3 off coupon for Mon thru Thurs. (I of course discovered this last night after we had already gone.)

By Blogger KGrams, at 12/23/2005 10:49 AM  

Now those memories are ones to cherish for ever.

By Blogger momma of 2, at 12/23/2005 12:18 PM  

post a comment

<< Home