My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Sunday, December 04, 2005

The worst part of being sick

I hate being sick, it really sucks bad. I am a run around, get a ton of things done kinda girl and yet I have been parked on my couch since late yesterday afternoon. (EA, I know you've been stuck on the couch as well honey and I feel for ya, but at the end of this, you will have to agree that this is just a little worse.) I woke up Friday morning with a cough. By 3:00 that day, I was headed home feeling sickly. Yesterday it was worse and today is not much better. I am coughing, sneezing, have a headache and feel like someone took a baseball bat and beat the crap out of me. Ahhh, but this is not the worse part of it all. You see, my DH is not feeling well either. Yes, I am living with a sick man in the house. But it gets even worse than that. If I had to pick, I would much rather be my husband at this time.

Reasons why I would rather be him:

He doesn't have the sneezing and runny nose
He doesn't have to cook and do the dishes while ill

and the #1 reason I would rather be him....

Men don't have to worry about peeing on themselves when they cough and/or sneeze.

Yes, being a sick female just sucks!!!

5 comments(s):

I'm first!!!

By Blogger Tina M, at 12/04/2005 8:02 PM  

Okay, I will totally agree that you have it worse off!! My DH is at least TRYING to help me out with things. It doesn't matter that I have to go behind him and redo it, at least he's trying!! LOL

Sick DH's are the worst! They are such babies!!! I wish there was something I could do to help you out but like you said, I'm stuck on the couch also.

The peeing thing.....I would love just once to have my DH experience that!! He is always making fun of me!

By Blogger Tina M, at 12/04/2005 8:05 PM  

You let your DH know that you pee your pants? You're just asking to be made fun of girl.

By Blogger KGrams, at 12/04/2005 10:32 PM  

So very funny. I have to cross my legs to sneeze. That just sucks.

BTW - I think you gave your sickness to me. I'm not feeling too good.

Feel better soon!

By Blogger Tammy, at 12/05/2005 10:12 AM  

tammy - it sucks big time! Sorry, I didn't mean to pass blog germs. I do feel better today though, so thanks for taking them. LOL

By Blogger KGrams, at 12/05/2005 11:23 PM  

post a comment

<< Home