My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Another installment of WBW

Yup, it's time for Way Back Wednesday. I've dug out my photos and my scanner is warming up, so I'm all ready for this week's assignment from Mama Duck (aka TKW).

And the assignment is:

"The Great Outdoors...it's the last few weeks of fall, let's see you in the outdoors in the past...fishing, hunting, camping, something granola-crunchy..."


My first set of pictures are definitely way way back. These are from 8/23/1981. I am not in any of these, as I was the one taking the pictures, plus as I'm not very photogenic, I prefer it this way. LOL




This is at a lake where we used to spend a lot of our summers. Dad would cup his hands, let us stand in them and then throw us up in the air backwards so that we would make huge splashes in the water when we would land.


See the cute little girl waiting oh so patiently for her turn? This is none other than Easily Amused.

The next 2 pictures are only a little way back. These are from our honeymoon (Jan 1999).



At the luau, they took a bunch of us on stage to teach us how to do the hula dance. Do you know which one is me? Yup, I am the one on the end with my big butt sticking out. Wouldn't you know this is the picture my wonderful husband would snap.

This was on the beach just a little way down from our hotel. Nope, no swim suit pics for me as I'm not near as brave as Tammy even though I did lose half my suit on the beach, but that's a story for another day

Hope you enjoyed this little adventure as much as I did. If you played (and you had better, cause if I can get behind the baby bed, pull out the boxes and dig through it for pictures to play, then so can you) let me know so I can check out your pics. Also, don't forget to drop by and let Mama Duck know you played too.

9 comments(s):

Those are great!!

By Blogger Kami, at 11/09/2005 9:11 PM  

I was cute. what the hell happened????

I soooo remember Dad doing that. I WANT COPIES!!

Yup, I didn't even have to read the description. I saw the pic & thought HAHAHA your DH took a pic of your big ole ass!!! teeheehee

I want the WHOLE scoop in the loosing the swinsuit thingie!

Great playing big sis!!!

By Blogger Tina M, at 11/10/2005 6:24 AM  

I saw the stage and the dancers and thought; are they doing the hula? There's no hula in camping! LOL.

By Blogger Me, at 11/10/2005 7:11 AM  

Those are so great! I need to hear the story about how you lost the bathing suit!!

By Blogger Tammy, at 11/10/2005 8:56 AM  

I love those first pics at the lake. They remind me of a place we went in KY when I was like three...what I remember of it that is.

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 11/10/2005 8:50 PM  

kami - Thanks for stopping by. P.S. You beat EA & Tammy. Way to go!!!

ea - I was wondering that to. LOL just kidding. If you're really nice to me, I'll see what I can do for ya.

Nice to know that you can pick my ass out of a line up. ROFL at my own joke.

Meritt - Hey, it was outdoors so in my mind it counted.

Tammy - Yeah, you and EA both want the story. We'll see as I'm sure Mama Duck will have some theme on this one day. (No pics though)

On the go - I don't think you where there that time. I do have another set of pics from when the whole family was there, they are probably the ones you have.

Mama Duck - See what a good girl I'm becoming. LOL We had a lot of great times at this lake (it's here in MO about 50 miles from where we live) over the various summers.

By Blogger KGrams, at 11/10/2005 11:28 PM  

Look at those muscles on your dad? Is the boy in the air your brother?

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 11/11/2005 10:01 AM  

Crayonz - the boy in the picture was actually my Dad's best friends son. My brothers are from a prior marriage and 8 to 10 years older than me.

It's funny that you mention that, as my Dad never lifted weights or anything. He was a mechanic and worked with his hands and upper body. He got his workout the old fashioned way... hard work!

By Blogger KGrams, at 11/13/2005 10:39 AM  

My dad is the same way. Construction = Popeye arms.

;)

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 11/14/2005 12:41 PM  

post a comment

<< Home