My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, February 20, 2006

More WTF

I called my cell company today as the teenager has handed over his phone and I don't want to have to pay the extra charges each month.

To cancel his phone would cost me a $200 early termination fee. OK, I get that and I am willing to pay the $10 monthly charge for the extra phone for the next 10 months. Hey, I may not be the brightest mathematician, but even I can figure the difference between $100 and $200... that's 4 pedicures. LOL

I told them that I don't want the text messaging and caller tunes any longer and asked if there was a fee to cancel these. Not a problem, they are happy to remove them from the phone without a charge. However, I have to remember that if anyone doesn't know he no longer has the phone and sends him a text msg, I will have to pay for it. So, due to this I decided to change the phone number... it cost me $15 to change the phone number. What a freakin' rip off!!!

5 comments(s):

OMG. Really? Is the phone company the one that starts with a "C"? I am in the middle of a fight with them b/c they "claim" they didn't get a phone that I know I returned. Jackasses.

By Blogger Tammy, at 2/21/2006 9:19 AM  

I think it's their job to rip you off, hon.

By Blogger Kami, at 2/21/2006 11:06 AM  

I agree with Kami - that's what they learn in their little training sessions.... When we got our cell phone (back in 95) - they said we had free minutes - but then charged us $0.03/min as a administration fee... I was ticked and told them as much - then my hubby went to work for a different company and they bought out my phone contract (bad for the wife to use the competitions service - and I refuse to use that company's service to this day.)

By Blogger momma of 2, at 2/21/2006 11:26 AM  

Ok, yeah... the cell phone thing is whacked. But, the real reason I came to comment is on the GA post.

I am going to PUKE when George & Meredith have sex. I am seriously hoping that it's all just a dream of George's and it will all go away. Pyew.

I have to tell you that I'm developing a very unhealthy obsession with the show. And now with McSteamy having shown his NOT-so-ugly face, it just makes me feel totally different about Addison and Derek. I swear to you (and I am not kidding) that I miss these characters when the show ends.

Shonda Rhimes really knows how to get to me. I heart her.

By Blogger Melissa, at 2/23/2006 9:20 PM  

tammy, kami & momma of 2 - Thank you for letting me know that I am not alone in my cell phone company problems. Tammy - no it doesn't start with a "C", it's a "T".

Melissa - Ditto on all your thoughts. I was yelling at the television for Meredith to stop. I too have this uncanny attafchment to the show and feel like these are real people and I can't get enough of their lives. I talk about it so much, that I have EA watching it now.

By Blogger KGrams, at 2/25/2006 10:40 AM  

post a comment

<< Home