My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I just earned myself...

a 4 1/2 week stay at home. Of course, this comes with only partial pay and I can't do anything. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Yes, I went back to work yesterday and have already over done it. My doctor has now reprimanded me and is making me take the full 6 weeks she originally told me I would have to be out. This is soooooo not going to be fun. I am not a stay at home and lay around kinda person. Not to mention that as I'm not supposed to be lifting, bending, stretching, etc.. it's a bit tough to do the daily things needed to maintain a house, like laundry, cleaning and grocery shopping. Hell, I can't even open the lid on the trash dumpster and throw my bag up high enough to get it in there. I did get an offer from a neighbor and his friend tonight that they would help me with taking out the trash...they said I could just throw it over the balcony with a can of beer and the would be happy to take it out for me. Yes, I have very sweet neighbors. lol

Now for the really terrible part, what is 4 weeks of being house bound going to do with my weight loss plan? I have 27 more lbs to go before the end of the year. It was bad enough that I'm not allowed to use my elliptical machine or ab lounger, but now, parking my fat butt on my couch with nothing to do but watch tv, read and eat is definitely NOT going to help me attain that goal.

OK, I must go now, time for me to go clean out anything in the cabinets and fridge that has any fat grams or calories lest I be tempted to put them in my mouth.

Labels:

3 comments(s):

OK, missy - I'm OBVIOUSLY going to have to do some major reading to catch up. Sounds like things have changd a LOT for you since I heard from you last, but they definitely sound mostly like good changes. I'm going to go ahead and let you know, too, that the new profile pic is H-O-T, you little hottie McHotterton. :) Are you excited about GA starting up soon???? EMAIL ME if you still have my addy, mkay???

By Blogger Melissa, at 9/13/2007 6:00 PM  

Wait. What happened? Surgery? For what? Email a bitch.

By Blogger Addy, at 9/13/2007 9:44 PM  

Melissa, not much reading to do to catch up as I just started posting again. Yes, the changes have been really good... I'm much happier with myself and my life with the weight loss and the divorce. Damn girl, you are sooooo good for my ego. I'll never be able to change that pic now. lol Excited doesn't begin to describe it. I'll email you this weekend... hope it's still the right email address. : )

Tammy - I have actually had to have 2 surgeries this summer. My gallbladder back in June and now some female stuff. Apparently eating healthy and losing weight can cause the gallbladder to fill with stones and cause major sickness. I guess after 40 years of mistreating my body I put it into shock by eating the right stuff. lol

By Blogger KGrams, at 9/15/2007 8:49 AM  

post a comment

<< Home