My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Does this child look deprived?

Tammy (formally known as TEH) noted in her comment the other day that I had deprived poor Doodlebug of such wonderful things as butter, salt and pepper. With that, I feel I must defend myself and my actions.

First I must say that the reason for no salt and pepper is that I love A LOT of salt and pepper on my potato and it would have been way too much for her. With regard to the butter, unfortunately, Doodle is lactose intolerant. Therefore, what little dairy she can have I reserve for things like whip creme and ice cream... after all, there are priorities in life.

Just to prove that she is not deprived, here is a list of some of the non-baby foods I have let her have:

1) Cheerios - crayonz started her on these.

Give me those cheerios.













2) Ice Cream - yes, she licks my spoon whenever I have ice cream.

3) Creme Puffs - If you haven't seen it already, check out this picture.


I just love creme puffs. Look, I saved some on my face for a snack later. Better make sure Aunt T isn't around or she'll be licking it off my face. hehehe






4) Baked and Mashed potatoes

5) Rolls and Biscuits

6) Pasta

7) Dumplings

8) Broccoli

9) Fresh Peaches
10) Bananas

11) Little Debbie Snack Cakes (she gets to gum a little piece off here and there)

12) Cookies


Gma said since I'm a little pumpkin, that I could have one of Papa's pumpkin cookies (she also gave me a ghostie cookie). Wow, these are so good and soft that I can eat them even though I don't have any teeth.

She also said between the pumpkins and ghosts that I should have really colorful diapers this week. Hmmm, do you think that means she finally got the hint that white is out after labor day?






















12) Mini Marshmallows


Gma, what's this new white squishy thing you have in your hand?










Umm, not to bad.





See she is not at all spoiled errr deprived.

8 comments(s):

Hahaha... I am totally digging that last picture where she's shoved the marshmallow in her mouth. It looks like she's trying to eat her fist. :) Doodlebug... be glad you don't live at my house. It'd be yogurt & nutri-grain bars all day.

By Blogger Melissa, at 10/16/2005 12:57 PM  

I will say that DB is totally NOT deprived in food or anything else!!!!! hehehe

Yes, I would gladly even lick that cream off her face!!

That poor cookie, what did that pumpkin do to deserve that??????

By Blogger Tina M, at 10/16/2005 7:58 PM  

that child is most definitely NOT deprived! please can i send the chicklets over to your house to indulge in some fun snacks?!

By Blogger Urban Chick, at 10/17/2005 5:39 AM  

oh and if the chicklets have been eating chocolate and it's smeared all round their mouth afterwards, i lick it off (people say i'm gross but i say: BONUS!!)

By Blogger Urban Chick, at 10/17/2005 5:40 AM  

You know I was just kidding, right?

Of course she's not deprived. Grandma gives that girl everything she wants, er um . . deserves!!

By Blogger Tammy, at 10/17/2005 10:44 AM  

OMG, you must totally be having a Branson flashback with these posts.

I TOTALLY forgot that I unintentionally gave Doodlebug her first Cheerio. Thank you for not telling me to "back up, bitch."

Loving the gumming of the cookie. Yum. And Lauren got her first marshmallow only recently. I just didn't think about it until I passed some in the store. She LOVES them.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 10/17/2005 10:59 AM  

melissa - I will relay the info to her and if we ever visit I'll make sure to pack her a snack bag. LOL

ea - How is it that I knew you loved creme puffs so much that you would lick her face. hehehe

The pumpkin made the mistake of being really yummy.

uc - Send em over, the more the merrier. If they can help bake cookies, that is even better.

Chocolate Bonus... I'm loving it!

tammy - you were kidding? I'm sure you were very serious about her being deprived. NOT!!! I so knew you were kidding. However, I had that picture of her with the cheerios box just waiting for an opportunity to post it. Thanks for giving me a new post and chance to show her eating pics.

Crayonz - yes, it was a Branson flashback weekend. Tell you to back off - no way. Call you a bitch - NEVER. I just felt bad that she was 7 mo old and that I hadn't given her any yet.

I happened to have them on the counter to make rice krispie treats and thought why not. She too loved them.

By Blogger KGrams, at 10/17/2005 10:21 PM  

Heh heh. Lauren got her first rice krispies last night. We don't normally buy them, but Rancito got an itch for some PB rice krispie treats when we were at Big Lots.

That store has sucked me in.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 10/18/2005 9:59 AM  

post a comment

<< Home