My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It's all about age

Yes, everything in your life is all about age

First, we have a WTF...

I did our taxes on Turbo Tax this year and it shows that we owe big $. How the hell did this happen. I go back over the return and realize it is not letting me take a child credit deduction for the teenager. According to the program, you can no longer receive the deduction if the child turned 17 in 2005. WHAT!!! In 2005, he turned 17, he lived in my house, I paid for his clothes, meals, transportation, private school and everything else (including support Doodlebug) and I can't claim him??? The DH decided that we should go ahead and use the tax guy we have always used in the past. I said fine, if that's what you really want. He went today. Yup, Turbo tax was right and we have to pay Federal & State taxes, not to mention the fact that I bought Turbo Tax and the DH paid a tax guy. Freaking government.

Then we have this one, which I'm sure Easily Amused could agree with this past Monday.


I think they call that multitasking, right?...

Kgrams - who is not in the best of moods tonight and is really looking forward to tomorrow's pedi & mani.

12 comments(s):

Hey, I can clean the house while doing all that too!!
I can do some serious multi-tasking baby!!
Sad, just sad I tell ya!!!

I am sooo freakin needing the pampering of a mani & pedi!! Can't wait till we go tonight. That's the only thing getting me through this day!!

By Blogger Tina M, at 3/29/2006 9:19 AM  

That sooo sucks about the teenager thing. I thought we could claim these human eating machines till they were 18. WTF??? The older they get the more expensive they are. WE NEED COMPINSATION!!!

Why is it that our Hubbys haven't learned that we ARE always right???

By Blogger Tina M, at 3/29/2006 9:21 AM  

Damn. That just sucks. We had to pay taxes one year. It's like paying for a car you can't drive.

By Blogger Tammy, at 3/29/2006 10:09 AM  

I thought you got to claim kids until they were 18... oh man - that sucks...

By Blogger Fantastagirl, at 3/29/2006 1:29 PM  

UGH. We still haven't done ours. SHIT.

I'm sorry. That sucks.

By Blogger Kami, at 4/05/2006 10:39 PM  

i love that multi tasking thing.

I can talk on the phone, yell at the kids, get my husband to cook supper and give myself a pedicure all at the same time....

yes, I am the shit.

By Blogger Speckledpup, at 4/06/2006 9:59 AM  

Oh my. I thought you got to claim them until they turned 18... AND still could claim them as long as they were full time students (even in college). When did all this change???

By Blogger Me, at 4/18/2006 6:38 PM  

IS THERE REALLY NO POST SINCE MARCH 28th??????????

Cuz my computer did this to me before too. I kept coming to your page and seeing the SAME THING over and over - no updates.

SUDDENLY FOR NO REASON AT ALL all the updates came through and I had an entire MONTH of new posts in just one day.

I show nothing new in 1 1/2 months.

By Blogger Me, at 5/11/2006 4:42 PM  

I know that you haven't been around for awhile... but surely to uppercase God you saw that. What in the holy hell?

By Blogger Melissa, at 5/14/2006 10:11 PM  

I am glad we are still really poor. I do not look forward to paying taxes. LOL;). Oh and I too am quite the multi tasker. Maybe we should form a club.;)

By Blogger Katy, at 5/31/2006 10:11 AM  

Herrooowwww?

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 6/06/2006 12:48 PM  

Post. Something. Now.

By Blogger Tammy, at 6/12/2006 4:44 PM  

post a comment

<< Home