My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Is it just me???

Last Sunday was my DH's birthday. We went to dinner at one of his favorite restaurants to celebrate. We were too stuffed for desert, however, they sent this wonderful Chocolate Cake home with us.


Smothered Chocolate Cake
Topped with warm homemade chocolate ganache and sprinkled with pecan pieces.


Knowing he is not a big fan of chocolate (in my book, this just isn't normal) on Monday night, I mentioned possibly taking it to work and sharing it with Lumpy. He said no, he wanted to eat it.

Fast forward 1 week - I went grocery shopping tonight and had to make room for the new things I had purchased. Guess what I found in the fridge? Yup, you guessed it... the chocolate cake. He had never even taken a bite out of it. Here is where I am confused and need to know if it's just me.

1) I had to throw away a piece of chocolate cake - is it ok that I was teary eyed and actually considered eating it even though it was a week old?

2) Conversation with DH.
ME - Hey, you wouldn't let me take this piece of cake to work and yet you didn't even eat it.
DH - I was waiting for you to cut it for me.
ME - Uhh, I think you're big enough now to handle a knife and cut your own cake, not to mention that it is only 1 piece.

Now tell me, why is it that he can't cut his own piece of cake? (Personally, I would have just eaten it out of the container with a fork and not bothered to cut it at all.) My take on this is that I'm not his mother, I'm his wife. Am I right or wrong here? Please let me know your thoughts and if I'm wrong, I will apologize to him, purchase a new piece of cake and even cut it for him.

kgrams - who is still wanting to go dig out that cake and eat it.

1 comments(s):

OK, I only have 2 response, but it's unamimous, no cake for the hubby. Thanks Tammy & On the Go for your input!

By Blogger KGrams, at 9/19/2006 9:28 PM  

post a comment

<< Home