My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, September 04, 2006

Vacation - All I ever wanted

Vacation - Just had to get away.

NOTE: If you want to be jealous of me for this post, that's fine I totally understand. I also understand if you decide not to read it. However, please don't leave me any hate comments as I'm still on cloud 9 and would like to stay there until I return to work on Tuesday.

I couldn't take it any more and had to leave my crazy fast paced life behind and hit the sandy beaches of Mexico. Yes, the DH and I actually took an entire 8 day vacation together. (Other then going to The Lake of the Ozarks, this is our first real get away for just the 2 of use since our honeymoon 7 1/2 years ago. ) Also, yes we are still married and even talking. LOL

So for vacation this year, I picked Cancun as neither of us have ever been to Mexico and thought it would be exciting, and it was. We actually stayed about 30 minutes South of Cancun in an area known as Riviera Maya. We stayed in the Grand Mayan part of the Mayan Palace and the resort was simply fabulous. We had drinks while basking in the sun, went shopping in Playa del Carmen & Cancun and snorkeled the reefs in Puerto Morelos. This was absolutely the best vacation we have ever taken (other than our honeymoon in Maui).

Now for those of you who don't know me very well, we never took vacations when I was growing up. We spent every weekend and any vacation time my dad got camping or visiting family in Springfield, MO. Therefore, I was a little afraid as far as traveling to a foreign country and going through the whole customs thing. However, I have now faced those fears and am already thinking about booking a trip next year to a different city in Mexico.

Kgrams - who is no longer a travel outside of the US virgin.

4 comments(s):

Yay! That's sounds like so much fun. I don't think that anyone has the right to leave hate comments. You and I had/have similar vacationing experiences. I popped my cherry going to Acapulco in 2001, but I haven't left the country since. And my last vacation was visiting you!

Thanks for sharing the details of your well-deserved trip.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 9/04/2006 8:46 AM  

Woohoo! :) congrats to you & your dh... I'm so happy that you got to get away, totally deserved. Pics???

By Blogger Melissa, at 9/04/2006 5:27 PM  

OMG. I'm gonna go ahead and hate. :O

It's just so I'm so very jealous!

By Blogger Tammy, at 9/05/2006 9:49 PM  

crayonz - that was my last vacation too. (My trips to Chicago & Vail were work conferences.) Damn, your cherry got popped before mine, I'm gonna have to try harder next time. LOL

melissa - Thanks! Unfortunatly, the batteries in my digital shot craps the first day we were there, plus the humidity kept fogging up the lens. I took a few pics with a cheapy toss away camera and will try and get them loaded later.

tammy - I know you can't really hate me, so it's all good.

By Blogger KGrams, at 9/05/2006 10:19 PM  

post a comment

<< Home