My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Friday, September 05, 2008

Getting it all back together

I survived my first hurricane! I was amazed at how powerful it was (we aren't exactly on the gulf) and how VERY stressful it is. Unfortunately, we got hit with the eastern wall of the eye. Major damage to the area!!!

We were fortunate that we did not have damage to our house, just downed trees and a huge amount of debris to clean up. (I'll post pics that I took later) We were also lucky to get our power restored late on Thursday. They are saying that some won't get power for another 4 to 5 weeks!

That's all for now as I'm too exhausted and stressed to type today.

KGrams who really hates the name Gustav and isn't so excited hearing the name Ike right now either.

Labels:

2 comments(s):

Glad you survived! That is one thing about living up here in the tundra - we don't have to worry about hurricanes.......

By Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky, at 9/09/2008 8:13 AM  

Cheeky - Thank you. Yes you don't have to worry about the hurricanes, but I think I would rather have an occasional hurricane as opposed to the snow y'all get up on the tundra. : )

By Blogger KGrams, at 9/11/2008 8:13 AM  

post a comment

<< Home