My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

And the winner is...

UPDATE: As I have been overwhelmed with things to do and the weather has been crappy, I have not been able to take a picture of my new vehicle. However, here is one in the correct color that I found on Nissan's website. Hopefully this will help the creativeness of my fellow bloggers as you help me choose a name.




Remember this post? Well, I decided I would send a little something to the person that picked the winning vehicle. I had already looked at and test driven the Toyota Highlander and was really leaning towards it. Then, I went to visit a client today who just happens to be a car dealer. When we were talking and I mentioned that I was looking for a new vehicle, the person I was meeting with took me to their sales manager who gave me a deal on a vehicle that I just couldn't refuse and was willing to take my vehicle as a trade in "as is" (meaning that I don't have to fix the damage from the accident) and they gave me a little over blue book value. I was in car buying heaven. So, I signed the preliminary paperwork this afternoon and tomorrow I will go back with my DH and we will sign the rest of the paperwork and I should be driving away in my new vehicle. (In case you want to know, I got the 2005 as it has rebates where the 2006 doesn't... also, no navigation pkg for this girl, waaaaaay to much money for that one.)

Now back to who I will be sending something to. The person that picked this vehicle is... me. Yup, no one mentioned this vehicle. Sorry yonz, no gifts for 2nd place. If I had any $ left, I would buy myself something, but I guess my spending days are over for awhile.

On the way home for the dealer tonight, the vehicle right in front of me rearended someone. When I saw the damage done, I knew that I had made the right decision in buying a bigger tougher vehicle to protect my family, friends and especially my special precious cargo of a Doodlebug.

Ok, I'm thinking I should name this beast... any thoughts?

9 comments(s):

The Beast... or just Beastie? Depends on whether it's going to be a girl or a boy. I'm leaning toward Beastie.

YAAAAY for you getting a new vehicle. I'm jealous. All I got was a doggy yeast infection.

By Blogger Melissa, at 10/18/2005 11:15 PM  

Wowzers, another accident? Crap, I want a car, but you're scaring me with all this talk of crunching metal. Damn you. Just so you know, you should hold on to your new vehicle for about 3-4 years b/c your trade-in value is much lower for an older model - even brand new. It sucks - I'm $10 upside down, but I have 0% interest. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'm happy for you. That thing is sweet! Me don't need no prizes.

As for naming her: how about

Dingleberry
Short bus - so kidding

You know, I'm thinking colors would help here. It's hard to make a play on a Nissan Pathfinder.

Nissa
Getthehelloutofthewayofmysweetnewride

See, difficulty abounds.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 10/19/2005 8:30 AM  

$10 = $10k = $10,000

I'm an idiot

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 10/19/2005 8:30 AM  

Damn it. I never win anything. :)

Glad you got a new car and such a great deal!!

As for naming her, well I'm just not creative today, but if I come up with something, I'll get back to you.

By Blogger Tammy, at 10/19/2005 9:14 AM  

Ohh, ohh, ooh, I know!!! How bout "Crash Test Dummy"?? Oh, wait you were talking about the name for the SUV, not the teenagers???? Well, shit! I'll get back to ya! :)

By Blogger Tina M, at 10/19/2005 1:10 PM  

Names:

How about: "Fred"

"My big drivin' biotch"

I like dingleberry as well.

By Blogger Tammy, at 10/19/2005 2:35 PM  

Congrats on the new vehicle! I *almost* bought a Nissan X-terra last December... don't know if I knew you then but if I did, remember when I went to the car dealership with cash and their low and my 'high' were still 2K apart? So I walked...

and now that I have my Land Rover that I love love love, I don't care so much. ;) LOL. But I still like them. I think you made a great choice.

By Blogger Me, at 10/19/2005 3:32 PM  

Well, now that I have ridden in it a couple of times, I feel that it's a BAMF. Yup, the beast/tank gets my seal of approval! Oh, and bonus, do you know how many shopping bags and pairs of shoes we could fit in there??? YEAH!!!!

My official name will be the Doodle Mobile. I would have liked BAMF, but hey that's hard to pronounce!

By Blogger Tina M, at 10/24/2005 10:35 AM  

Melissa - This is definitely not a wimpy girl vehicle. Yup, it's definitely a big ol macho man.

Hey you got more than a doggy yeast infection, you also got to get "your tune up". LOL

Come on up and I'll take ya for a ride.

Crayonz - You want a car? What are you going to do with all your stuff? Now a days, we mommas and gmas need all the extra cargo room.

I'm planning on keeping this one till the warranty runs out... yup, just me and him for the next 100,000 miles.

Your not the idiot, I am. I thought $10 upside down and she's complaining? Duh... $10K, I would be complaining too.

Color - Storm Gray

Short bus will only work when the teenager, his cousin and friends are in it. Bwhahaha

Tammy - Sorry you didn't win. If you come up, I'll take you for a ride to the new Tar'get store.

EA - Too funny, you amused me!

Tammy - if it where a girl, I would go with the "my big drivin biotch".

Meritt - No, I didn't know you then, but I'm glad you ended up with something you really love. I can't see you with the Xterra as it doesn't seem big enough to haul all the kiddos around in.

EA - Yes, it is a BAMF with 270 torche. My son was saying that he wants to drive it... NOT happening.

So far I'm going with "The Beast", but I'm still open for ideas.

By Blogger KGrams, at 10/24/2005 9:24 PM  

post a comment

<< Home