My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Sunday, October 16, 2005

I tried, honestly I did

Yes, I really tried to clean the house this weekend, unfortunately, it didn't work. I started on the first floor dusting and putting things away and it was looking pretty good until Doodlebug decided to empty most of her toys out of her new toy box. EA even came over on Saturday afternoon and asked what tornado had blown through.

On Saturday morning I got up with the determination that I was going to clean the upstairs.

So, I started in my bedroom and Doodlebug's room (they have a connecting doorway so I can watch her and clean at the same time) with putting items away. Once this was completed, I made the bed and started dusting.

This is what Doodlebug did in her room while I was trying to clean up my desk and put her clothes away.


Here is what she did in my room when I was putting my clothes away and making my bed.



Poor Jasper, he looks like a casualty victim lying there.

This is her contribution to the cleaning effort while I was dusting.

Last night, I started cleaning all over again, but have still not finished. Do I at least get points for trying???

6 comments(s):

yes, yes, you get points. I will back you up on this one. I came over on Sat. morning and saw the little tasmanian devil at work. She works at warp speed when it comes to tearing up a room!!! Good luck. Hopefully you get it clean before she's back on Tuesday!!! hehehe

By Blogger Tina M, at 10/16/2005 7:53 PM  

it is for this reason that i have entirely given up on tidying up apart from when the house begins to look as if we have been burgled and we have friends coming round

but definitely points for trying!

By Blogger Urban Chick, at 10/17/2005 5:37 AM  

Of course you get points for trying. In fact, you get an E for effort.

At least you tried. I didn't even do that!!

By Blogger Tammy, at 10/17/2005 10:42 AM  

Heh heh. I know that giraffe! Still need to take a picture of ours with Lauren to put on the blog. He hangs out by the changing table where I can keep an eye on him, and it's not often that I bring my camera with me when I'm changing a stink bomb.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 10/17/2005 11:03 AM  

Points for trying are dually noted and awarded.

My house will never be clean. My laundry bins will never be empty. These are facts that I have just had to accept to keep myself from going nuts.

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 10/17/2005 7:20 PM  

ea - Thanks for the points. Why didn't you help me clean. Bwahahaha

uc - I'm thinking now that DB is mobile I too will have to adopt this practice.

tammy - Thank you for giving me a big E.

crayonz - What, no pictures of stink bombs? What kind of a mommy blogger are you? LOL

mama duck - I am starting to remember those days from when the teenager was little. I guess I'll just have to organize more closets to satisfy my OCD.

By Blogger KGrams, at 10/17/2005 10:13 PM  

post a comment

<< Home